March 30 - March 31$595
The largest conference dedicated to exoskeleton technology for the North American continent, WearRAcon 23, will occur this year from Thursday to Friday: March 30 – 31st, 2023. The first WearRAcon was held in 2016, and rain or shine, the conference has been held either virtually or in-person yearly ever since.
There are two major changes for the 8th iteration of the Wearable Robotics Association Conference (WearRAcon): First, for the first time ever, the conference will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana, rather than the usual Scottsdale, Arizona, location. The change was done to accommodate those attending the Applied Ergonomics Conference at the same venue. This way, attendees interested in ergonomics can also do a deep dive into the world of exoskeletons, and those with interest in occupational and industrial exoskeletons could also learn about the latest practical applications. For the second major change, WearRAcon will be condensed from two and a half days to two days.
WearRAcon is an important conference to calibrate one’s understanding of the latest in exoskeleton technology over the year. The Exoskeleton Report team has missed the event only one time ever due to unavoidable circumstances.
This year’s keynote speaker is scheduled to be Dr. John Howard, the Director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the Administrator of the World Trade Center Health Program in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
NIOSH has expressed an active interest in industrial exoskeletons and has been collecting data on their use. In the U.S., exoskeleton producers have been forging ahead with industrial devices, relying on direct sales. Unlike the EU government, which has financed wearable robotics studies and technology groups (mainly through its Horizon Program), the U.S. civilian government agencies have been mostly on the sidelines. Therefore this keynote presentation could be a unique and valuable peek into their unique perspective.
- To join the event, all information for registration is available here: http://www.wearablerobotics.com/wearracon23/registration/
- Tentative Conference Agenda: http://www.wearablerobotics.com/wearracon23/agenda/
- Link to the hotel room block: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/MSYRN/G-II23
- Sponsorship Opportunities: http://www.wearablerobotics.com/wearracon23/sponsorship-opportunities/
Coverage of past WearRA conferences:
- Recap of WearRAcon 21 Day Two
- First Day Of The Wearable Robotics Conference, WearRAcon 21
- WearRAcon 20 Day Two Report
- HeroWear Reveals the Apex Exosuit at WearRAcon 20
- WearRAcon 20 Day One Report
- Wearable Robotics Association Conference – WearRAcon19 – Day 3
- The Fourth WearRAcon Innovation Challenge was the Best One Yet!
- Wearable Robotics Association Conference – WearRAcon19 – Day 2
- Wearable Robotics Association Conference – WearRAcon19 – Day 1
- WearRAcon18 Day Three Report
- WearRAcon18 Innovation Challenge
- WearRAcon18 Day Two Report
- WearRAcon18 Day One Report
- WearRAcon17 Day Three Report
- WearRAcon17 Day Two Report
- WearRAcon17 Day One Report
- WearRAcon16 Day Three Report
- WearRAcon16 Innovation Competition
- Laevo Presentation and Demo at WearRAcon16
- WearRAcon16 Day 2 Report
- WearRAcon16 Day 1: Report