MyoPro Motion-G elbow-hand orthosis is an assistive device based on research starting from 1990. One application is for people who are unable to regain 100% functionality of their arm and hand after suffering a paralysis due to stroke.
The MyoPro uses intuitive controls by detecting EMG signals. The powered brace amplifies the signal to help bend the arm and hand in the desired direction. The MyoPro has customizable exterior device covers to make it feel more personal.
- Empowers a user to complete additional functional tasks by enabling grasping and releasing of objects along with elbow flexion and extension.
- Promotes independent activity and safety through functional assistance.
The MyoPro Motion-G may provide functional benefit for individuals with hemiparesis. Other criteria include:
- Viable proximal and distal EMG signal
- Appropriate passive range of motion
- Wrist extends to neutral position or further
- Hand and fingers to full extension
- Intact cognition
Look for articles on Myomo on the Exoskeleton Report.
Myomo Inc. One Broadway, 14th Floor – Cambridge, MA 02142, U.S., website
Exoskeleton Report does not endorse one exoskeleton product over another. The exoskeleton catalog is purely for educational purposes. The catalog is meant to provide an easily accessible birds-eye view of the exoskeleton industry, and a quick method to sort exoskeletons by type and purpose. All prices are approximate and are meant to provide a general sense of the cost of the devices.
There are no reviews yet.