- This event has passed.
Symposium on Medical Devices of the Future
November 1, 2022 - November 2, 2022
ASTM International’s committees E08 on Fatigue and Fracture, F04 on Medical and Surgical Materials and Devices, and F48 on Exoskeletons and Exosuits are proud to announce a joint Symposium on Medical Devices of the Future – What’s Needed for Fatigue, Fracture Resistance, and Durability in Transportation, Medical Devices, and Exoskeletons. The symposium will be held on Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon November 1st and 2nd, 2022. The event will be held in conjunction with the standards development meetings of the committees.
Objective and Scope
Invited speakers will present contemporary design and material requirements and address methodologies in fatigue crack initiation, crack propagation, and failure analyses employed in ground vehicle, aircraft, aerospace, medical devices, etc. that may be employed in exosuits and exoskeletons
Topics for this symposium may include:
- Environmental Parameters / Material Behavior
- Standard Methodologies to Characterize Materials Employed in Medical and Exoskeleton/Exosuit Design
- Strain-based and Stress-based Fatigue Behavior
- Fracture Mechanics Behavior
- Deformation Characteristics
- Characterization of Material/Device for Design Reliability,
- Mean Strain, Mean Stress Response of Nitinol
- Lifetime Prediction Techniques for Medical and Exoskeleton/Exosuit Devices
- Metallurgy, Microstructures and Mechanical Properties Processing Parameters / Material Behavior
- Simulation Characterizations and Applications to Design and Prediction
- Material Selection for Biocompatibility and/or Wearability
For hotel and registration information please visit the ASTM International website after August: link.
About the Event
“The Symposium on Medical Devices of the Future – What’s Needed for Fatigue, Fracture Resistance and Durability in Transportation, Medical Devices, and Exoskeletons, will be held Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning, November 1-2, 2022. Sponsored by ASTM Committees E08 on Fatigue and Fracture, F04 on Medical and Surgical Materials and Devices, and F48 on Exoskeletons and Exosuits, the symposium will be held at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel in New Orleans, LA, in conjunction with the November standards development meetings of the committees.” – ASTM International