Save the Date: WearRAcon 2022
February 21 - February 23
Save the date for the Wearable Robotics Association (WearRA) Wearable Robotics Conference 2022 (WearRAcon 22)! The annual three-day event is scheduled to be held, in-person, on February 21st through the 23rd, 2021. The event location will be the same as the last time WearRAcon was held in person: the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley – Scottsdale, Arizona.
WearRAcon 2022 will be the 7th annual wearable robotics and exoskeleton conference. This easily makes the WearRAcon series the longest-running dedicated to exoskeleton technology. As the agenda and more information become available it will be added here. For now, however, mark your calendar and review some of our previous WearRAcon coverage (more than 30 articles from 2015-2021). You can also periodically check on the WearRA website for updates: http://www.wearablerobotics.com/wearracon-22/
Location and hotel:
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley
5401 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, Arizona 85250
Discounted Room Rate: A special discounted rate of $239/night is available for WearRAcon attendees. To make your reservation click here, or call 866-866-8107. Note: The room block expires on January 21, 2022
CALL FOR ENTRIES: INNOVATION CHALLENGE
Earn a prize for a new technology or idea that will benefit the Wearable Robotics Industry. The Innovation Challenge is now open and will close January 7, 2022.
The Wearable Robotics Association (WearRA) is inviting entries that represent the most innovative new ideas in wearable robotic technology for the Innovation Challenge as part of WearRAcon. The winner will receive international recognition and a $5,000 cash prize to support development and commercialization of the technology.
Upload your concept paper by January 7, 2022. The review committee will select as many as ten (10) finalists. All finalists will be invited to present their product concepts at WearRAcon 22, February 21-23, 2022 at the DoubleTree Resort in Scottsdale, AZ (USA). The winning entry will be selected through live voting by conference attendees and a panel of judges representing industry, government, academia, and corporate executives. The top projects will receive awards. The one considered to be the most innovative will be announced at the conference and will receive $5,000 to accelerate the new technology.
WearRAcon 19 Winning Entry: Atlas Exoskeleton
Submitted by: Antoine Noel, Co-Founder & CEO, Japet Medical (France)
Submissions are due by January 7, 2022. The proposal must include information about intellectual property and the development outline with milestones for deliverables. Explain the potential impact on the wearable robotics community, as well as significance of this concept as an advancement for the industry.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to move the proposed plan to completion, showing how the prize can accelerate any step along the path to market.
- Applicants may reside in any country. No specific background or experience is required.
- Finalists must register and attend WearRAcon 22
Instructions for the Submission:
Please submit your proposal by Friday, January 7, 2022 | 11:59 PM (EST).
Proposal Content (NTE 4 pages)
- Title of the proposed project (maximum 50 characters)
- Leader (name, title, affiliation, address, telephone, email address)
- Key collaborators (names, titles, affiliations)
- Brief summary of project goals and plans/approaches (not to exceed 350 characters)
- Focus specifically on what your project would bring to the wearable robotics industry
- Brief description of what is unique about the project. If it is competitive to any existing product or service, please describe how your project compares to any competitor (500 characters)
- A detailed description of how you plan to accomplish the overall plan (750 characters)
- Estimated steps/milestones/timeline to reach customers
- Go/No Go decision points
- Brief description of intellectual property position and potential for commercialization: investment potential and likelihood of ongoing funding support to customers (500 characters)
- Anticipated total budget and outline of what a prize of $5,000 will allow you to accomplish
- Must not exceed 4 pages, inclusive of all information listed above, minimum 10 point font
- Convert a document to a PDF and send to email@example.com
- A confirmation email will be replied to upon receipt of your submission. If you have not received confirmation, please call: 602-632-0999.
Proposals will be scored based on the following criteria:
- Potential benefit and appeal to people within the wearable robotics community
- Likelihood of Development: Investment potential and consideration of ongoing funding support
- Intellectual Property Strategy and Status: Freedom to operate
- Timeframe and probability of success
- Overall Impression
Selected Proposals/Finalists: Finalists will be notified by January 24, 2022. As many as ten (10) finalists will be selected to present at WearRAcon 22 (Scottsdale, Arizona, February 21-23, 2022). Each presenter will have five (5) minutes to present the concept, followed by five (5) minutes of questioning. Each finalist will also receive a small exhibit space for two days of the conference. The event will feature live voting among audience members and a panel of judges representative of the industry, government, academia, and corporate executives. The winning project considered to be the most innovative will be announced at the conference.