ASTM International’s Exo Technology Center of Excellence (ET CoE) has announced an enticing internship opportunity. Located in West Conshohocken, PA, this role not only offers a gateway into the world of cutting-edge exoskeleton technology but also serves as a unique platform for personal and professional growth in this rapidly evolving field.
Overview of the Opportunity:
The internship at ASTM’s ET CoE is structured to provide a comprehensive learning experience, focusing on the intersection of research, standards development, and practical application in exoskeleton technologies. The role is ideal for students and emerging professionals who are passionate about shaping the future of both robotics and wearable robotic systems.
- Location: West Conshohocken, PA, US.
- Duration and Compensation: The role is remote/hybrid, spanning from May/June to August, offering $18.00 per hour for up to 35 hours per week.
- Education Requirements: Candidates should be enrolled in a related Bachelor’s degree program as a rising Junior or Senior at an accredited college or university.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Interns will be deeply involved in various facets of the ET CoE’s operations:
- Support for the 2024 Exo Games: A key highlight is assisting in the organization of the Exo Games, a competition for university students in STEM fields, set to be held at ASTM headquarters in August 2024.
- Research and Development: Interns will engage in reviewing scientific literature and updating the ET CoE bibliography.
- Event and Meeting Coordination: The role involves planning and coordinating meetings and events, crucial for professional networking and project management.
Expected Learning and Development:
This internship is not just about work; it’s a journey of learning:
- Standards Development: Gain insights into the standards development process, especially for exoskeleton (F48) and robotics (F45) committees.
- Project Management Skills: Develop skills crucial for managing research-to-standards projects.
- Global Networking: Communicate with exoskeleton community professionals worldwide.
Applicants should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, exhibit flexibility and attention to detail, and have a strong work ethic. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience in related fields like AI, robotics, or mechatronics are advantageous. The role includes standard office tasks, requiring frequent desk work and communication via phone or video conferencing.
ASTM International’s Exo Technology Center of Excellence is offering a rare opportunity to dive into the world of exoskeleton technology. This internship is more than a role; it’s a chance to be part of a future where technology enhances human capabilities in unprecedented ways. For those looking to make a mark in this innovative field, this internship presents an unmatched platform to learn, grow, and contribute to the exoskeleton community.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can find more details and submit their applications through ASTM’s Careers page: LINK
About the Exo Technology Center of Excellence (ET CoE):
The Exo Technology Center of Excellence (ET CoE), a part of ASTM International, stands at the forefront of exoskeleton technology and innovation. The Exoskeleton Report is also a proud founding member. As a hub for collaboration and advancement, the ET CoE brings together experts, researchers, and industry leaders to accelerate the development, standardization, and adoption of exoskeleton technologies, by accelerating relative standards development. With a vision to empower individuals of all ages to lead a high-quality life, the ET CoE focuses on making exoskeletons safe, reliable, and effective for diverse applications. From healthcare and rehabilitation to industrial and consumer applications, the ET CoE plays a pivotal role in advancing exoskeleton technology for societal benefit. To learn more about their mission, ongoing projects, and impact on the exoskeleton community, visit www.etcoe.org.