The Wearable Robotics Association is proud to host the 6th annual WearRAcon, April 27-29, 2021. WearRAcon 21 is the premier conference for wearable robotics and exoskeletons, and for the second year in a row, it will be a virtual event. The WearRAcon series regularly attracts presenters and attendees from over a dozen countries. While the virtual format will not allow participants to physically interact with wearable exoskeletons, it eliminates the need for travel and potential jetlag. On the subject of products and devices, the conference organizers are planning to hold virtual demos and spotlight demonstrations to make everyone attending feel just a bit more like they are physically there. WearRAcon 21 aims to bring together wearable robotics professionals and entrepreneurs from academia, government, industry, and medical/rehab.
WearRAcon 21 is scheduled to include over 15 sessions in the areas of:
- Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) for both medical and occupational applications
- An automotive and logistics forums focusing on occupational exoskeletons for work and industry
- Assistive wearable robotics for physical rehabilitation
- Defense applications
- Exoskeleton standards and insurance
The Innovation Challenge will also be prominently featured in this year’s WearRAcon 21. This main-stage event is a unique outlet to learn how student teams and fresh startups view wearable robotics and their potential applications. The five-minute lighting pitches allow for a snappy presentation of ideas and points of view that are rarely mainstream and can be quite inspirational.
The full agenda for WearRAcon 21 can be found on the WearRA website (link). The schedule for the first day alone will include presentations by:
- Keynote with Norm Bafunno, Senior Vice President, Manufacturing and Engineering, Toyota Motor North America
- Medical/Rehab: Prosthetics – Medical & Military Applications with Levi Hargrove, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab and Jean-Louis Constanza, Wandercraft
- Automotive Forum Part I with Marisol Barrero, Toyota Motor North America
- Automotive Forum Part II with David Brodie, Tesla and Akash Shettannavar, Cargill
- Medical/Rehab: Medical Robotics with Lou Awad, Boston University and Ann Spungen, US Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- Industry Track: Predictive Biomechanics with Heni Benamor, Arizona State University
You can register for WearRAcon 21 by following this link to the conference’s website. If you are on the fence about whether you should attend or not parous through some of ExR’s coverage of previous WearRAcon Events: WearRAcon 20 Virtual, WearRAcon19, WearRAcon18, WearRAcon17, WearRAcon16.